This blog post is going to be all about coconut oil and the different ways you can use coconut oil in your everyday life. According to me coconut oil is nature’s gift and it is loaded with lots of good things, which can be used for multiple purposes. You can cut down a lot of expenditure that you make on skin care products if you have a bottle of coconut oil available.
I have compiled a few uses of coconut oil in this blog post.
1. As a Makeup Remover : Coconut oil has the ability to break down the makeup and even melts down the stubborn waterproof mascara and eyeliner. You just have to take a few drops of coconut oil and apply it on your face and massage it well. Once the makeup starts to melt down, wipe it off using a wet tissue followed by rinsing off your face with a face wash for a squeaky clean face.
2. As a Lip Balm : Coconut Oil is the best remedy for chapped lips. Massage a few drops of coconut oil on your lips at night and you will wake up with kissable lips.
3. As a Body Lotion : If you suffer from extremely dry hands and feet, try mixing a few drops of coconut oil with your body lotion/body butter and massage it on the dry patches. It makes your skin extremely moisturized and healthy.
4. As a Body Scrub : Coconut oil mixed with a little sugar makes the best exfoliant for your skin. This scrub keeps your skin moisturized for a long time.
5. As a Night Cream : Warm up 2 or 3 drops of coconut oil between your fingers and massage it on cleansed face before or after applying a night cream and you will wake up like you had a facial last night. This remedy is suitable for dry/combination skin.
6. As a Makeup Brush Cleaner : We all know that cleaning your makeup brushes every now and then is important to prevent bacteria transferring from the brush to your face and causing breakouts. Hence, add one part of coconut oil to two parts of antibacterial liquid soap and clean your brushes using this solution. It makes your brushes squeaky clean.
7. As a Deep Conditioner : This is the common usage we all know about, using coconut oil to deep condition your hair. Massage some warm coconut oil on your scalp and leave it for at least 1 hour and wash your hair with mild shampoo.
8. As a Body Oil : Do you know that coconut oil has a natural SPF 4 ? Have you seen the elders in your family using coconut oil after a shower? It is because of its natural properties which makes skin healthy, glowing and protects your skin from the sun.
9. As a Shaving Cream : Coconut Oil can be used as a shaving cream to prevent the skin from drying out during shaving. I will soon share a DIY shaving cream lotion using coconut oil.
10. Under Eye Cream : Do you splurge on expensive under eye cream? Try using coconut oil at night under your eyes and on your eyelids. This works better than the expensive eye creams and help in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet etc.
These are some of the 10 uses of coconut oil. Make sure to comment below if you know any other uses of coconut oil. I hope this post was useful.
Follow Purplishvintage on
Thanks for reading,